Sunday, April 19, 2009

Trying to balance the level of detail in this thing. Don't want to bore you with trivia, nor set up the expectation of daily posting. Oh, well. It will probably never be just right. Sorry about that.

Discovered another 'opportunity'. All the (active) wiring is currently in conduit and the sockets are the modern 3-prong grounded type. That is good, modern and up to code. Even though the outlets and conduit are at waist level, I can work around them for the displays. I had to remove some of the conduit to get at the wall and discovered that there are only 2 wires, not 3, to each socket. So a grounded plug does no good, just gives you a false sense of safety. I was thinking of adding another wire for a ground, but in talking with a neighbor with lots of remodeling experience I see I'll get a better system if I scrap the conduit and run new wiring behind the baseboard. It will be truly up to code and be more flexible for shelving and displays. Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment